- Welcome back to the conference finals, #Celtics 🙂 I can't decide if I prefer #Suns Celtics or #Suns Magic, but definitely no #Lakers #
- Don't see how such long days can seem so short, but packing up now and heading home. #
- RT @Discovery_News Cigarette butts could be recycled to make steel stronger (via @reillymj@). http://ow.ly/1KDjA Love cool discoveries! #
- LET'S START A RIOT! #
- Changing the universe to fit your tastes is a monumental undertaking. Changing your tastes is effortless. http://cchm.us/f #
- I don't wanna come back down from this cloud! It's taken me all this time to find out what I need. http://abv8.me/2bo #
- A project I envisioned for some time. "It Sounds Like": a wiki for things that sound like other things! http://abv8.me/2bn #
- What can I say … VAYA CON LOS #SUNS amigo. 😀 http://abv8.me/2bl #
- Move over Starbucks … Jeremy's Gourmet Coffee Kitchen is open. #
Tag Archives: time
- WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO #MOUNTAINERS BIG EAST CHAMPS! BRING ON THE NCAA TOURNEY BIZATCHAZZZZZ #
- Come on #Mountaineers … it's time you brought that Championship home! #WVU #BigEast #
- #GMAIL having major issues … but for me this is the first time ever (including the "beta" dynasty) #
- Cold and rainy … had to start the fire again (first time in 2 weeks!) #
- It's days like today that I love being a programmer … #
- I cannot put into words how much I love Jon Stewart … http://abv8.me/28i "Jon Stewart – Glenn Beck – Eric Massa" #
- Anyone else ever have the ever-so-subtle-well-it's-nothing-really-just-a-bit-of-an urge to …. bomb the internet? #
- Enjoying a Sam Adams Double Bock for the first time in about 10 years!! #
- Hmm … cricket mandarin green tea … interesting … not sure if I like it, but nonetheless definitely refreshing. ! #
- RT @Historyday On this day in 1864 Abraham Lincoln promoted Ulysses S. Grant to commander of all Union armies. #
- Antibiótico … muy bien!!! Only 1 day into treatment for my sinus infection and I feel like I dropped half my age! #
- RT @Discovery_News Animal suicides are not uncommon, and shed light on human behavior. http://ow.ly/1gzHf #
- So only 3 teams showed up for the basketball tournament … but it was a lot of fun! We will have another, and need more teams next time! #
- RT @TheOnion Fork Manufacturer Introduces Fifth Tine To Accommodate Growing American Mouthfuls http://onion.com/91BBQT #
- Why not attack the policies b/c you don't think they will work, rather than the ppl making the argument? http://abv8.me/288 RT @nprpolitics #
- RT @Historyday On this day in 1912 Arizona was admitted as the 48th U.S. state. #
- Miss Virginia wins 2010 Miss America crown | rgj.com | The Reno Gazette-Journal http://abv8.me/280 #
- btw … never eat a tuna sandwich before drinking Modelo Especial … *GAG* #
- Only got half of the sycamore tree today … got snowed out 🙁 Now it's time to get drunk and watch #BSG #
- RT @Historyday On this day in 1982 Rich Skrenta wrote the "Elk Cloner virus", the first known self-spreading personal computer virus. #
- @YouQuotedQuotes http://cchm.us/d (Forgot to tell you where they were!) in reply to YouQuotedQuotes #
- @YouQuotedQuotes Hi! I've fol'd u for some time. Just put together a compilation of my own quotes-if you like any, would love if u used them in reply to YouQuotedQuotes #
- RT @silverclassics Delicate Moonstone and Silver Aluminum Chain Maille Hand Flower http://bit.ly/csbJRK #
- RT @politico The Senate has voted 70-30 to confirm Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to a second term. #
- RT @cnnbrk J.D. Salinger, author of "The Catcher in the Rye," has died. http://bit.ly/d2Y1vv #
- RT @silverclassics The Rubix Cubewich http://www.insanewiches.com/?p=808 [Awesome …] #
- RT @mediaite State Of The Union: Obama At His Best Or Most Desperate? A Round-Up (Bonus: The Sartorialist weighs in!) http://bit.ly/axWhdP #
- Very pleased with the constructive thought happening post-#SOTU #
- Violet Valentine Victorian Choker with Heart Locket by 28SidesDesigns http://abv8.me/27V #
- RT @geekosystem Caw-tion: Crows Hold Grudges Against Humans for Years http://abv8.me/27U [Not surprising. Good thing I already hate crows] #
- Evidence of Stone Age amputation forces rethink over history of surgery http://abv8.me/27T COOL! #
- I created the sound of madness–wrote the book on pain–somehow I'm still here to explain that the darkest hour never comes in the night. #
- RT @Historyday On this day in 1979 the "The Dukes of Hazzard" debuted on CBS television. #
- Dammit Facebook leave it on the live feed … your dumbass "news feed" doesn't work, so quit making me use it. #
- RT @Historyday On this day in 1999 Matthew Scott received the first long-term successful hand transplant in Louisville, Kentucky. #
- For all the great things #Microsoft has done, it is exactly this: http://abv8.me/27S that is the reason they are an epic FAIL. #
- Mondays always seem to start at 800mph … trying to catch up. #
- 🙁 Not upset to see Colts/Saints, but really would have been better to see Colts/Vikings #
- RT @Historyday "When you come to a fork in the road … take it" – Yogi Berra #quotes #
- Sowwy Sanchez … Game — ovah. #
- Just placed my yearly #arborday order … can't wait for spring to plant new trees! #
- RT @Funfacts Beard hair is the fastest growing hair on the human body. #
- RT @YouQuotedQuotes When I work, I work very fast, but preparing to work can take any length of time. ~ Cy Twombly [Can I get an AMEN!?] #
- Prototype #2 for jeremytharp.com: http://abv8.me/1O2 I will clean it up tomorrow and build the HTML framework … I think it’ll be slick! #
- My first prototype of the new jeremytharp.com: http://abv8.me/1O1 Yeah it’s a little crude yet, but feel free to give commentary! #
- Been teaching myself “Heart & Soul” on the piano … lol Playing piano seems to help me with separating my hands on guitar, so … #
- Life isn’t reaching death in one well preserved piece. It’s skidding into the grave, thoroughly used up, worn out, shouting “Hell yeah!” #
- Might be building a quick remake of jeremytharp.com this weekend — any ideas will be welcome! (I know it sucks right now lol) #
- Looked @ 700 quotes on life and couldn’t find the one I want..something about how we live clean&proper, but we should ride hard and die wet? #
- Life is golf, except in life, it is perfectly acceptable to get a hole in one on a different hole than you originally pursued. #
- Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days you will be right. —-Unknown author #quotes #
- Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days you will be right. —-Unknown author #quot
- The refined hillbilly breakfast: fried eggs, made-from-scratch pancakes with homemade maple syrup and home brewed iced mocha (served at 1pm) #
- Why is it raining like it’s April 23? #
- Just watched Pan’s Labyrinth again … probably the 5th time now? Great movie … #
- Happy 6013th birthday Earth! http://abv8.me/1ND #
- Death flows like a river flows // here comes time and there it goes // like a moon inflicted tide. #
- Ok any suggestions for tonight’s podcast? I missed last week so I’m doing two: Mr. Jones — and something else … #
- @FOXNEWS I would like to follow Fox news, but is there an account with fewer updates? It floods my page, and I end up not reading anything. #
- #iusuallylieabout what I lie about. #
- RT @shitmydadsays “The baby will talk when he talks, relax. It ain´t like he knows the cure for cancer and he just ain´t spitting it out.” #
- RT @YouQuotedQuotes Common sense is seeing things as they are, and doing things as they ought to be. ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe #
- RT @YOUQUOTEDQUOTES What one has to do can usually be done. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt #Quotes #
- @YOUQUOTEDQUOTES Drink mostly water + natural juice (at most 2 8oz glasses per day), halve portions, eat slow, and drink water b/w bites. #
- @KINGSTHINGS Speed up as long as I can make it before it changes to red, of course … (and anyone who doesn’t is botching up traffic!!) #
- lmao @TheOnion http://abv8.me/1LQ October Is Breast Cancer Awareness Month #
- RT @PJA64X Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see. — Martin Luther King Jr. #
- Feeling much better today … #
- Bedtime … hopefully the congestion is gone tomorrow … #
- RT @mediaite Video of Anne Frank Discovered –Will Our Grandchildren Find Historically Significant Imagery? http://www.mediaite.com/ilatc #
- Who in the world gave someone permission to shove a tennis ball up each of my nostrils !!?? … very congested this morning … #
- http://abv8.me/1yj Town Crier practice recordings from 10-13-09 — take a listen to a few songs and let me know what you think! #
- Call this a strange twist: “Mr. Deeds for Governor” Endorsement of Creigh Deeds by Washington Post http://abv8.me/1LH #WaPo … #
- @KINGSTHINGS Harpists: here are some
: http://abv8.me/1LF #
- RT @PJA64X When you´re deluded, every statement is an ulcer; when you´re enlightened, every word is wisdom. — Zhiqu #
- RT @YouQuotedQuotes Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. ~Proust #
- RT @wceberly 228 yrs today, 1781, Cornwallis surrenders to Washington at Yorktown: Last major battle of Amer Revolution http://bit.ly/kTlu9 #
- Monday morning, bad sore throat, and a discombobulated itinerary I need to conquer … #
- Back to the normal day-to-day, only with a sore throat :\ #
Powered by Twitter Tools
I use GoDaddy email for my work email, and it is a pain having to remember to check every so often to see if I got mail, especially when I only have new mail about 1 in 20 checks.
I have a notifier for my personal gmail account, and that is very handy — saves me a lot of time checking to see what has come in.
GoDaddy only offers a prepackaged notifier for Windows, however (although they supply a Mac executable if you try to download the notifier under Linux).
I checked the FireFox plugins for a generic webmail notifier, but the best one, WebMail Notifier does not have native support for GoDaddy (email.secureserver.net), and I didn’t feel like spending the time writing a custom script, especially since there is forum activity on this exact subject dating back 2 years, with no easily findable script.
Lo and behold? The windows notifier works under WINE. 🙂
Just download the Windows installer (it was wbensetup_PL.msi for me). Then in a terminal run msiexec /i <path_to_file>/wbensetup_PL.msi
Follow the instructions, and, at least in my Gnome toolbar, a notifier appeared.
I should note that my current setup is Ubuntu 8.04 with OpenBox as my window manager, running the gnome toolbar.
Corresponding pictures for this blog are available here: http://abv8.me/2Q.
My business partner Chris and I have made our 3rd voyage to eBay DevCon, this year in wonderful San Jose in northern California (where the girls are warm so I could hear my sweet baby say … ).
We flew in last night, Jet Blue flight 317 direct from Washington Dulles to Oakland International. Oddly enough, Chris’ neighbor Tooland happened to be the pilot, and he hooked us up with a free Heineken — yeah baby. Anyway, it was a very long 6 hour flight (it was only 6 hours 23 minutes in the air when I flew to Paris from Philly), and we had some rocky air with a little detour as there were t-storms and tornadoes in Kansas.
We touched down at around 9pm local time (12am EST) and headed over to Budget Rental where we picked up our awesome Kia compact POS. 🙂 Actually, it’s not too bad — good turning radius and small — hard for all the crazy California drivers to smash into. We got to the hotel at 10:30 or so and proceeded to pass out.
So here we are in beautiful San Jose. Well, cities are just cities, and, being the tree fanatic that I am, we had to visit the redwoods. We got up early this morning — 6:30 or so, and decided to make our way to the Big Basin Redwoods State Park. Now, for whatever reason, we put “shortest distance” into the GPS instead of “fastest time,” and we ended up on California route 35 — heading across the mountains on one of the steepest, windiest, but most scenic roads, I could have ever imagined. I got some awesome pics of northern California vegetation, and, finally, about 2 hours later, we got to the park.
Now let me tell you, the coastal redwoods surprised me. For all that they are huge, in the grand scheme of things, they really don’t seem all that large. Really, a 300ft tall tree is only as tall as a football is long. Gargantuan for a tree, yes, but in the grand scheme of things, they just feel like another tree — just ones that dwarf any big tree we have back east. That being said, they are so tall and straight, they are kind of modest. If a broad, bushy oak grew 300ft tall with a 200ft wide crown, I doubt I could relate to the perspective of such a tree being so modest.
From the park, we made our way to Santa Cruz so we could at least see the Pacific ocean. We spent a little time at Seabright beach http://abv8.me/2R, and ate at a nice little place on the wharf named Aldo’s. Apparently Guy Fieri ate there once. The burger was delicious, and we had a little European Starling join us for a bite. We named him Fred, and we were the best of buds.
From there, we headed back up route 17 to the eBay campus here in San Jose to listen to Madhu Gupta and company present the basic ins and outs of the new eBay selling manager pro applications platform.
General high points:
- eBay items trade at a velocity of $2000/second
- Some eBay sellers might put more trust in third party apps if they appeared to be hosted by eBay
- eBay decided to make a platform where third party developers could integrate with eBay in a smart iframe or in hosted HTML
- They will use the open gadgets specification
- This will launch in August
Now, we have already developed our first application for this platform. It is eZ labelZ for eBay, and it is a variation on our site ezbarcodez.com — geared to provide great integration with the already present eBay APIs so that sellers can print functional labels for their items.
Since we have been involved in the project since the alpha, most information was nothing new, but it was good to get a concrete overview.
Afterwards was “Happy Hour” with free beer and hors-d’oeuvres, and some networking. We had some great chats with some eBay personnel, especially the documentation team, and well, what can I say? Free beer.
So now we’re back at the hotel and I have hundreds of pics to parse through. Hopefully they will appear on Facebook tonight and I will link them here.
Back in the day, I used to play Quake 2 — a lot. Quite specifically, I played a lot of Quake 2 Rocket Arena — so much that I often managed to place in the global top 100. Anyway, I had to have an alias, nick, handle — whatever you want to call it, so I invented “crimulus.”
I’ve wanted a dashboard/portfolio site for quite some time, so now I finally have it. When I bought the coffeecuphalfmoons.com site, I purchased crimulus.com, which now serves that very purpose.
I’ve got the very basic content I want up there for now — very crude, but a good start. So, I hereby formally introduce http://www.crimulus.com.
Hopefully, over time, I’ll be able to let it evolve into a little summary about me — hopefully easily maintained. Enjoy, if you’re into me that much ! 😉
My name is Jeremy Tharp, just a plain old web developer, musician, philosopher, Mr. Fix-it type, and this is my blog. It might seem obvious enough that I have philosophical tendencies, but this is my outlet for that. Turns out I’ll probably even blog about non-philosophical things. Go figure.
Anyway, this first post is just an introduction, and I’ll keep the philosophizing to a minimum. I will, however, explain the origin of the site.
This is coffeecuphalfmoons.com, and it comes from my looking at the bottom of my coffee cup every day and seeing a half moon shape of dried coffee that I’m betting can be read like tea leaves. 🙂 My hope is to post an image of that each time I make a new blog. I’m already off to a bad start, I know, but I’ll get there.
And after some time, maybe I’ll have a cool image slide show that demonstrates trends in reality eclipsing the pseudo-randomness that we consider reality.
Anyway, stay tuned!
PS: Feel free to add your own CCHMs in your comments. It’d be great to see them!